Nupur, Rajesh Talwar walk out of jail after 4 yrs

Nupur, Rajesh Talwar walk out of jail after 4 yrs

Watched by a huge crowd, the Talwars, each holding bags, walked out of the Dasna prison in Ghaziabad and paused - Rajesh Talwar in a white shirt and dark pants and Nupur Talwar in a salwar kurta - letting multiple cameras capture their first few moments of freedom.

Three days after the Allahabad High Court acquitted Rajesh and Nupur Talwar of the murder of their teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, the dentist couple will finally walk out of Dasna jail in Ghaziabad on Monday. Their first stop is likely to be a Sai temple in Noida, after which they will go to the home of Nupur Talwar's parents.

"Arushi Talwar's parents Nupur and Rajesh Talwar were lodged in the Dasna Jail near Ghaziabad".

The Allahabad High Court had on October 12 had acquitted the Talwars, whom CBI had implicated in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and servant hemraj, who were found dead at their Noida home in 2008.

Aarushi's parents, Rajesh and Nupur, were convicted by a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in 2013.

AirAsia Staff Allegedly Screamed During Mid-Air Emergency Causing Panic Among Passengers
Passenger Mark Bailey told the Seven Network television that hostesses started screaming emergency and that they went hysterical. However, AirAsia apologised for the scare even though it said nothing beyond a "technical issue" that led to the crisis.

He requested media to understand the condition of Talwar couple and give them some time. A jail official said that the dentist couple had helped revive the near "defunct" dental department at the prison hospital. "Had they taken it, the amount would have approximately been Rs. 49,500", Jailor D. Maurya said.

"We were concerned about the fate of our dental department after their release. They have assured us that they would visit jail to attend to inmates every 15 days", said jail doctor Sunil Tyagi.

On May 16, 2008, Aarushi was found murdered inside her bedroom in the flat in Jal Vayu Vihar - her throat slit with surgical precision.

The police then began to suspect the Talwars and said Rajesh had murdered the two after finding them in an "objectionable" position.

The HC acquitted the Talwar couple, saying they could not be held guilty on the basis of the evidence on record. However, a day later the body of Hemraj was found on the terrace of the flat in which the Talwar family lived.

Related Articles