My coverage on. For those of my readers who aren’t gamers, E3 is a huge video game conference. If you would like to rewatch any panel IGN does have them on YouTube.
I’m just going to dive right in on this one. It would take me a good long post to describe every single new thing. So what I’m going to do for you guys is just describe a few then list the rest of what was announced so no one misses to much.
||Ubisoft Panel|| (Preshow discussion with IGN)
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Release date Aug 31st ’17)- This one I’m pretty excited for but I don’t know that I will run out and preorder straight away. This is a prequel to the first Life is Strange. I did catch this one is by a brand new developing company called Deck 9. If you played the first Life is Strange, it follows Chloe this time. It starts following her at the age of 16. Right around the time Max first left Arcadia Bay. It also goes further in depth about what exactly happened to Racheal, remember the girl in the missing flyers floating around Blackwell who you eventually learn was best friends with Chloe while Max was gone, yeah her. The first episode will involve Chloe at a illiegal concert. Will Max appear you ask? They did say she would, but it would be in bonus chapters. I’m kind of excited to see where Chloe got that blue hair aren’t you?
- Farcry 5 (Release date: Feb 27th 2018)- I didn’t play any of the other Farcry games, but I’ve heard their pretty good. This one in particular makes me want to try them out. It takes place is Hope County Montana. This is not an actual town in Montana. It has been taken over by a cult. As Dan Hay said “People are fucking scared!” I didn’t catch to much in this discussion except that this is the first time it will be set in America. It also has a similar premise as Outlast 2. Another snippet I caught was that it is 2 play co-op. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of it.)
- Assassins Creed: Origins (Release date: Oct ’17)- Boy is everyone excited for this one! Origins is set back in ancient Egypt 45 B.C. This one shows the start of the brotherhood. If you preorder you get a special mission that is said to uncover the secrets of the pyramids.
- This one cracked me up because the premise of South Park is somewhat hilarious. Apparently the South Park game “The fractured but whole” was pushed back.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Release August 29th)- This was talked about a lot in Nintendos conference as well. I myself am a Sony fan. I’ve never been one to be obsesssed with Mario. I like the games don’t get me wrong I’m just not crazy about them. *cue haters* This game though will be exclusive to the Switch. It looks super crazy, silly, and fun. Part of me hopes my boyfriend purchases it for his Switch so I can play xD.
Here’s a list of other games shown during Ubisoft panel::
- The Crew 2- The scenery caught my eye with this! (Early 2018)
- Transference Game (2018)
- Skull and Bones- Object of the game: survive longer then the average pirate. (Fall 2018 all consoles)
- Just Dance 2018 (Oct ’17)
- Starlink Battle for Atlas (Some time in 2018. all consoles)
- Beyond Good and Evil 2- This game has been 14yrs in the making. There isn’t any info yet with a release date.
Next incoming post Sony’s Panel!!